These are two surgical procedures that deal with female reproduction, including organs and other related issues during pregnancy as well as non-pregnant state. Often abbreviated as OB-GYN, O &G, Obs & Gyne, these are both either used in combined form as a single medical specialty. It involves:
- Clinical pathology with relation to female reproductive organs
- Providing care to women who are pregnant and also those who are not
Since, proper medical care is important for women in both the states, it is highly imperative to choose a hospital that is best equipped with certified gynecologist, obstetrician. Nursing staff is equally important.
Gynecology covers a wide range of areas such as:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Bacterial Cervical Lesions
- Bacterial Vaginosis Empiric Therapy
- Benign ovarian lesions
- Benign lesions of Vulva
- Broad Ligament Disorders
- Contraception (birth control)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful and difficult menstruation)
- Early pregnancy loss
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometriosis(growth of tissue outside uterus or any other body area)
- Estrogen Therapy
- Menopause and related disorders
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Hyper stimulation Syndrome
- Lesions of the Endometrium
- Premenstrual problems
- Struma Ovarii
- Tumors in fallopian tube and ovary
- Vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina)
- Vulvovaginitis (inflammation of the vulva and the vagina)
All complications and matters related to above mentioned are attended by Obstetrics & Gynecology Katy Texas. Since, it is combination of multiple things, many Gyne students specialize in yet another sub field sometimes, but there are general gynecologists as well, who have enough experience for handling all reproduction problems and their treatment.
Generally, it deals with:
- Breech presentation ( position of the fetus during labor in which feet or buttocks emerge first).
- Common complaints and queries related to pregnancy
- Diagnosis of pregnancy
- Endometritis (inflammation of the Endometrium, the lining of the uterus).
- Evaluation of gestation (the period in which an embryo develops
- Checking up for the weight of fetus
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Severe Hyperemesis during pregnancy can cause damage to various vital organs such as brain, the liver and kidney.
- Puerperium. The period that starts immediately after the birth of a child, it lasts around a month or forty days. At that time, uterus shrinks to its normal state.
- Post term pregnancy (one that extends beyond the normal three pregnancy trimesters).
- Prenatal nutrition and health (diet during pregnancy for mother and her baby)
- Pruritic Urticarial: Papules and plaques of pregnancy, abbreviated as PUPPP. (Rashes on the skin in lower abdominal area that occurs during third trimester of the first pregnancy.
- Risks related to pregnancy both environmental and psychological
- Drug abuse in pregnant women
In case of any other disease, obstetrician works with physicians expert in their fields. There are Gynecological oncologists who treat only those cancers related to female reproductive organs like uterus, vagina, vulva, ovary, endometrial sarcoma; whether it is benign or metastatic. In severe cases, a collaborative effort of a medical panel is required to treat patient.